You make fabric beads the same way you make rolled paper beads, but I prefer fabric. I haven’t had any success when I tried making paper beads (yet). It’s easier to roll the fabric, and the beads get chunkier faster. Here is a quick tutorial to show you how easy and fun this is!
1. Cut your fabric into triangles. I do this without a pattern because I don’t mind if the beads are not the same size.
2. Start rolling your triangle close to the straw. Add a dot of glue in the beginning.
3. Roll it tight, then ad a little glue dot again to finish it off. It doesn’t matter if the glue seeps out, it will just make the bead a harder.
4. You can do a few beads on the same straw and let them dry there until you want to decorate them further.
5. The real fun part is when you decorate your fabric beads (or paper, this method works just as well with paper). All kinds of glitter and shimmer is fun to add. Glittery sewing threads, fabric paint, glitter glue, gloss varnish, acrylic paint… Experiment! My favorite was the glitter threads because they both add colour, glitter and structure to the bead form. Mmm!
Just look, they are yummy right?
Will you try it? What will you decorate with your new beads? Mine are dangling from a very cool back, glittering in the sunshine!